Mr. Uttam Ganguly did his Civil Engineering from MACT (Now MANIT) Bhopal in 1976. Since then he has been working in Bend Joints Pvt. Ltd. an ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, OHSAS 18001:2007 Company situated at Bhopal. Bend Joints Pvt. Ltd. is engaged in the manufacture of sub-critical & super-critical pressure parts, Thermal & hydrocarbon sector and Turbine Integral piping that finds application in Nuclear and Thermal Power installations.
He has undertaken special courses at Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, relating to safety and handling of radio-isotopes.
- Is Managing Director, Bend Joints Pvt. Ltd. Bhopal.
- Has undertaken training in LEAN Manufacturing in Japan
- Past Chairman, Indian Welding Society, Central Zone.
- Director, Govindpura Common Effluent Treatment Plant, Bhopal.
- Director, Govindpura Lean Consultancy.
- Past Chairman, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Madhya Pradesh State Council.
- Past President, Govindpura Industries Association.
- Past President, Indian Institute of Industrial Engineers.
He has delivered several lectures in Organizations/ Institutions such as:
- BHEL, Bhopal, Hardwar and Trichy.
- Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal.
- Technical Teachers’ Training Institute.
- Centre for Research in Industrial Staff Performance.
- Institution of Engineers.
- Advanced Materials & Processes Research Institute (AMPRI).
- Several Engineering & Management Colleges etc.
The talks were related to various aspects of LEAN, Welding, Organizational ethics, industrial management, industrial safety, organizational culture, etc.
His hobbies include fishing, camping & wildlife photography.